Sunday, January 29, 2012

New addition to the farm

I figured this would be an appropriate first post to our new farm blog since its a new beginning for Lucy!

Meet Lucy the newest addition on the farm. We adopted her from the Adams County Animal Shelter. She is a English Fox Hound. She has proved to be a wonderful addition to the family. Having never had a dog of the hound variety I'm sure that this is going to be a learning experience. She already follows her nose before anything else. She gets along great with Sheldon our lab, they wrestle around which has been giving Hemi our little 5 lb miniature rat terrier a well deserved break. I can't wait to see how she is going to react to the goats. Right now there is far to much snow to get her down to the fence line. She is happy just to run around on the plowed trails that Tommy has made for her with the tractor. One spoiled little girl! Daddies little angel already.

I took Lucy down to the chicken coop with me for the first time last night and she was not too sure about them. I'm sure she will get used them, but the second the guinea hens started calling she tucked her tail and ran.

No comments:

Post a Comment